Small and rural Communities Climate Action Guidebook Webinar
PCP Webinar: Small and Rural Communities Climate Action Guidebook
The Small and Rural Communities Climate Action Guidebook, developed by ICLEI Canada and the Federation of Canada Municipalities (FCM) for the Partners for Climate Protection (PCP) program, is a direct response to the climate planning challenges faced by small and rural communities, offering local decision makers case studies and advice tailored to their experience.
Designed for municipal staff tasked with developing local climate initiatives or reducing GHG emissions, the guidebook can help municipalities:
- Develop realistic climate action policies
- Engage and collaborate with the public
- Build a GHG inventory baseline and data library
- Identify sector-specific climate challenges and solutions to overcome them
- Generate municipal local economic and wellbeing benefits through climate action
In this webinar we will go through each section of the guidebook, identifying key highlights and takeaways as well as providing opportunities for peer-to-peer engagement and learning.
May 4, 2021 at 2:00 PM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Photos: Photo by Mike Mareen from Shutterstock